Archéo Amateurs Open Forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -20%
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, ...
Voir le deal
399 €

Hello and welcome, English speaking visitors.

Hello and welcome, English speaking visitors. Empty Hello and welcome, English speaking visitors.

Message par Admin Mer 23 Aoû 2023 - 16:31

I am the founder of this forum. I am 59 years old and have been passionate about archeology since about the age of ten. The more time passes, the less I regret not having made it my job. When I see that many professionals don't have or don't know how to take the time to do anything other than their specialty, I feel sorry for them, and sometimes even a little pity. So I remained an amateur. We are many ☺.

My form of mind being unsuited to school education, I did not do university studies, and I practiced, to try to integrate myself into a society where I did not find my place, a job that I found uninteresting, and which I had even promised myself never to exercise.

But this profession which did not fascinate me left me the greatest freedom of spirit. He gave me time to read a lot of novels and essays of all kinds, he gave me the opportunity to cross paths and meet people from all over the world. This job, very little considered in society, helped me learn a little humility and compassion.

Sometimes, while chatting about everything and nothing with acquaintances, we talked about what we would do if we had the chance to win a very large sum of money at the Lotto. Both of us express our idea, reasonable or delusional, and me, I always had the same idea: in this case, I would open a publishing house, but in any case, nobody was interested in my answer ! ☺ but by dint of running through my head, this idea ended up germinating, it seems, since with this forum, my ambition is to allow archeology enthusiasts from all over the world to communicate, discuss and exchange , whatever their languages and nationalities, and whether they are amateurs or professionals! It's even better than anything I could dream of!
And above all, no need to wait to win anything at the Lotto! A computer or a smartphone and a little enthusiasm are enough to create a forum, and a little perseverance is enough to make it live!

But why has such a forum not already existed for a long time? If I can hazard an idea of an answer, I fear that benevolence and generosity are not yet widespread enough in our earthly world. In archaeology, we often have the opportunity to reflect on the tragic destinies of peoples and civilizations, and even that of our entire human species. I am deeply convinced that solidarity and cooperation are the greatest virtues to develop.

THANKS
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://archeo-amateurs-open.forumactif.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas